This is a member created list for poetry competitions and calls for submission in North Carolina.
- Old Mountain Press will be accepting submissions of poetry and flash fiction for its upcoming holiday anthology, Mountain Writings, on 1 March. Submission guidelines are found on the anthologies web page at http://www.oldmp.com/anthology/mtwriterings.htm. To submit you must be a former contributor or recommended by a former contributor. Contributor’s names and bios can be found on past anthology web pages at http://www.oldmp.com/anthology/booksinprint.htm
- Jacar Press is pleased to announce the first annual competition for the $500 Julie Suk Prize for Best Poetry Book. The award competition is open to any poetry book published by an independent press in 2013. All books published by a literary, university, non-profit or any press not considered one of the major commercial publishing houses are eligible. Low entry fee of $10. For more information. http://www.jacarpress.com/submit/. Deadline is December 31.
- WTF: What the Fiction is a new North Carolina journal of fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry, and is seeking submissions from NCPS members. Find out more at http://www.whatthefiction.com/
- The Raleigh Review is helping to put poetry up on city buses in Raleigh. See more about the program at http://www.raleighreview.org/NC_Poetry_on_the_Bus.html and how to submit poems for the program.
- Lots of haiku competitions are out there; a list of contests and deadlines can be found at http://thehaikufoundation.org/calendar/calendar_contests.htm. Hone your haiku writing in preparation for next year’s NCPS Griffin-Farlow Haiku Competition!
If you know of any contests that you feel should be added, please use the contact form above (by following the “contact” link in the menu) or simply email the webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks for making the NCPS website even more full of resources for poets in North Carolina!