For the winners of the Brockman-Campbell Award, see http://www.ncpoetrysociety.org/brockman-campbell-winners/.
Endowed by the families of Christine Sloan and Mary Belle Campbell
Postmark Deadline: May 1, 2015
- The contest is open to poets who published a book-length volume of poetry in 2014.
- Entrants must be native-born North Carolinians or current residents who have lived in the state for at least three years at the time of publication.
- An entry must be a first edition by a single author. It must contain 20 or more pages of poetry, and it must have a 2014 copyright date.
- A cash prize of $200 will be presented to one winner only.
- The winner will be invited to read at the fall meeting of the NCPS.
- Each submission should include:
- one copy of the book
- a biographical sketch of the author
- a stamped postcard for acknowledging receipt of the submission
- your email address
- a business-sized SASE for announcement of the winner.
- Members of the Poetry Society pay $10
- The fee for non-members is $20. (Make checks payable to the North Carolina Poetry Society.)
Mail contest entries to:
7232 Ridgeline Drive
Any questions? E-mail Jo Taylor — email@example.com
- The name of the Brockman-Campbell book contest judge will be posted here after the contest deadline, along with a brief biographical sketch.
2014: Joanna Klink
2013: Chard deNiord
2012: Norbert Krapf
2011: Diane Gilliam